I grew up in Buenos Aires, became a photographer in Europe, and now spend more and more time in Asia. My life journey has clearly influenced the way I look at the world and the condition of people around me.
I have always lived in big cities with a sizable floating population, people in the move searching for a new life, which naturally led me to empathise with their hopes and also the struggles they have to face.
I am interested in the trajectory that explains the human condition, the internal conflict, the dynamic, and the story behind whom and where we are now.
I always try to sharpen and deepen my gaze taking several workshops per year with great photographers and Street Photography Groups, such as Richard Kalvar, Harry Gruyaert, Eric Kim, Matt Stuart, David Gibson, David Solomons, Nils Jorgensen, Nick Turpin, Vineet Vohra, Rohit Vohra, etc. Each one of them has left its mark, and I am constantly looking to improve my perspective by combining their teachings and my view on the world.
At the present time, I am working on several photographic projects , including notably:
– The New Migrants: trying to show migrant’s daily life in Brussels, how distorted the image of passive victimhood is for many of them. Their real story is one of courage, drive, and resourcefulness, overcoming all odds to build a decent life (Brussels)
– Remains of a Wreck: the tragedy and comedy of a decadent summer resort out of fashion and out of season (Ostend Belgium and Ostend Argentina)
– Contradictions: a personal photographic work on inequalities, contradictions, and absurdities of modern society in Europe, America the Middle East and Asia (itinerant exhibition under preparation)
– Nassera: documentary, visual and audio, project about the struggle of the Families of Disappeared people in Algeria for truth and justice (Paris)
– Eurocracy: a different, more humane, way of looking at EU institutions and Brussels faceless bureaucrats that Europeans dislike without really knowing them (Brussels)
“Besser Gleich!” (“Even it up!”) As part of Oxfam Program about inequality in the world. We lend the exhibition to schools, ministries and Oxfam partners. (Germany) as I provided the photos for Oxfam´s last annual report on world inequalities